[Read through by scrolling to the bottom]
- WHAT INFORMATION DIGI-DENT COLLECTS FROM YOU
Digi-Dent collects only the information required to provide products and services to you. The amount of information provided by you and collected by Digi-Dent depends on the circumstances. Digi-Dent may collect two types of information about you: Personal and Non-Personal.
- “Personal Information”. Personal Information refers to any information about an identifiable individual (e.g., name, mailing address, telephone number or e-mail address), or an individual whose identity may be inferred or determined from the information. Digi-Dent may collect Personal Information when you use the Digi-Dent Web Sites including, without limitation, setting up account information, inputting data using the Digi-Dent Software, GPS tracking data gathered through the Digi-Dent Services and the Digi-Dent Software, corresponding with Digi-Dent, or otherwise volunteering information about yourself.
- “Non-Personal Information”. Non-Personal Information refers to information that, by itself, does not identify you as a specific individual (e.g., demographic information or website visitations). Digi-Dent may collect Non-Personal Information through any of the methods discussed above as well as automatically through use of industry standard technologies described further below.
- You acknowledge and agree that a fundamental aspect of the Digi-Dent’s Services is the gathering and sharing of location and activity data where Users of our Services provide such information so that other authorized Users can monitor such information.
- HOW DIGI-DENT COLLECTS YOUR INFORMATION
- Prior to using one or more of the Digi-Dent Web Sites, Digi-Dent may require you to provide us with certain Personal Information and Non-Personal Information to create an account (“Account”) or to enable features or functionality of the Digi-Dent Web Sites. For Users, Authorized Users and Contractors, Digi-Dent may gather Personal Information about organizational representatives via various methods (such as by phone, email, location tracking and other data provided by phones, tablets, laptops and other mobile devices, online forms, in-person meetings) but only if such Personal Information is submitted voluntarily. Use of the Digi-Dent Services constitutes authorization of the gathering and sharing of such Personal Information. Digi-Dent may use such Personal Information for providing the Digi-Dent Services, sales, marketing, and support of the Digi-Dent Web Sites. This Personal Information is never shared with third parties other than (i) providers of Third-party Services utilized by Authorized Users and Contractors in connection with Digi-Dent Services and (ii) as authorized by a User, an Authorized User or Contractor pursuant to their use of the Digi-Dent Services.
- User communications. When you send email or other communications to Us, We may retain those communications to process your inquiries, respond to your requests and improve the Digi-Dent Web Sites.
- Payment Information. When creating an Account, for certain Digi-Dent Web Sites, or when you make online purchases, you may be asked to provide information, which may include your payment instrument number (e.g., credit card), your name and billing address, and the security code associated with your payment instrument (e.g., the CVV) and other financial data (“Payment Information”). We use Payment Information to complete transactions, as well as for the detection and prevention of fraud. When you provide Payment Information while authenticated, we will store that data to help you complete future transactions without your having to provide the information again. We do not, however, retain the security code associated with your payment instrument (e.g., the CVV) in this manner. We also encrypt your credit card information. To remove or modify Payment Information, please contact us. After you close your account or remove Payment Information, however, we may retain your Payment Information for as long as reasonably necessary to complete your existing transactions and for the detection and prevention.
- Information You Provide About a Third-party. You may have the opportunity to communicate with others from the Digi-Dent Web Sites. If you choose to take advantage of this functionality, we may ask you to provide us with certain information about the person with whom you wish to communicate (e.g., name, e-mail address, etc.). Digi-Dent collects such information for the purposes of facilitating the requested communication, which may contain a specific message from you. Unless we explicitly say otherwise, Digi-Dent will not use this information for other marketing purposes without first obtaining consent from the person to whom the relevant information pertains. Please be aware that when you use any invitation functionality on the Digi-Dent Web Sites, your e-mail address, name or username, and message may be included in the communication sent to your addressee(s).
- HOW DIGI-DENT USES YOUR INFORMATION
- Personal Information. Digi-Dent identifies the purpose for which your Personal Information is collected and will be used or disclosed. If that purpose is not listed below, we will identify any additional purposes for which we will collect your Personal Information, before or at the time of collection, and we will obtain your consent to collect, use or disclose your Personal Information for such additional purpose(s).
By using the Digi-Dent Web Sites, you will be deemed to consent to our use of your Personal Information for the purposes of:
- location and timing, tracking and dissemination of information to employers and Authorized Users;
- communicating with you generally;
- processing your purchases;
- processing and keeping track of transactions and reporting back to you;
- protecting against fraud or error;
- providing information or services requested by you;
- administering and managing the Digi-Dent Web Sites and our business operations;
- personalizing your experience with the Digi-Dent Site, as well as evaluating statistics on Digi-Dent Site activity;
- performing statistical analyses of your behavior and characteristics, in order to measure interest in and use of the various sections of the Digi-Dent Site;
- communicating with you on other websites;
- e-mail gating;
- delivery of content and information to providers of Third-party Services;
- complying with legal and governmental requirements; and/or
- fulfilling any other purpose that would be reasonably apparent to the average person at the time that we collect it.
Otherwise, we will obtain your express consent (by verbal, written or electronic agreement) to collect, use or disclose your Personal Information. You can change your consent preferences at any time by contacting us (see the “How to Access and Change Your Personal Information” section below).
- Non-Personal Information. Digi-Dent may use Non-Personal Information for the following purposes:
- System Administration: Digi-Dent may use Non-Personal Information for the purposes of system administration, assisting in diagnosing problems with Digi-Dent servers, monitoring Digi-Dent’s system performance and traffic on the Digi-Dent Web Sites and to gather broad demographic information about Digi-Dent customers.
- HOW TO ACCESS AND CHANGE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- Updating Your Personal Information. Upon request, Digi-Dent shall allow Users to update or correct Personal Information previously submitted, but only to the extent such activities will not compromise privacy or security interests. Additionally, upon request, Digi-Dent shall delete Personal Information from the database where such information is stored; however, it may be impossible to entirely delete a User’s entry without some residual information being retained due to the way data backups are maintained. Requests to delete Personal Information may be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- E-mail Preferences. Digi-Dent may use your Personal Information to send you e-mails periodically listing promotions or events relating to the Digi-Dent Web Sites or from Digi-Dent’s marketing partners or sponsors. You have the choice to opt-out of receiving such promotional e-mails by sending an e-mail to email@example.com/or following the instructions in such correspondence. Once Digi-Dent has processed your opt-out request, Digi-Dent will not send you promotional e-mails unless you opt back in to receiving such communications.
- DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION TO THIRD PARTIES
Except as described below, we do not sell, transfer, or otherwise disclose, sell, trade or otherwise transfer your Personal Information to outside parties. This statement does not include trusted third-party service providers who assist us in administering and providing the Digi-Dent Web Sites or provide services to us. Examples include storing and managed data, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, integrations of Third-party Services, processing credit card payments and providing customer service. These third-party service providers will have access to Personal Information needed to perform their functions but may not use it for other purposes. We may use service providers located outside of Canada, and, if applicable, your Personal Information may be processed and stored in other countries and therefore may be subject to disclosure under the laws of those countries.
We may share Payment Information with third parties for purposes of fraud prevention or to process payment transactions. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our policies, or protect our or others’ rights, property or for safety. We may also provide non-Personal Information to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Information, including Personal Information, which we collect from Users, is considered to be a business asset. As a result, in the unlikely event that we go out of business, enter bankruptcy or if we are acquired as a result of a transaction such as a merger, acquisition or asset sale, your Personal Information may be disclosed or transferred to the third-party acquirer in connection with the transaction.
Lastly, we may provide Authorized Users with certain identifiable information (including Personal Information) with respect to Contractors and other Users in connection with providing the Digi-Dent Services. The use of such information will be subject to the information and privacy practices and policies of such Authorized Users and Digi-Dent will not be responsible or liable or the use of any information by such Authorized Users. Digi-Dent will not be responsible for their use of your information. Under certain exceptional circumstances, Digi-Dent may have a legal duty or right to collect, use or disclose your Personal Information without your knowledge or consent. In accordance with applicable laws, we will not disclose any consumer information (which may include Personal Information) without your written consent, except where consumer information is required to be disclosed: (i) for billing or market operation purposes; (ii) for law enforcement purposes; or (iii) for the purpose of complying with a legal or regulatory requirement.
You are deemed to consent to disclosure of your information for the above purposes. If your Personal Information is shared with third parties other than Authorized Users, those third parties may be, but are not always, subject to appropriate agreements with Digi-Dent and/or its Authorized Users to secure and protect the confidentiality of your Personal Information.
- SAFEGUARDING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Digi-Dent takes appropriate security measures, to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure, or destruction of Personal Information. These include, but are not limited to, internal reviews of: (a) data collection; (b) storage and processing practices; (c) electronic security measures; and (d) physical security measures to guard against unauthorized access to systems where Digi-Dent stores Personal Information.
Unfortunately, no data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we are committed to protecting your Personal Information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you provide to us.
All Digi-Dent employees, contractors and agents who access Personal Information are bound by confidentiality obligations and may be subject to discipline, including termination and criminal prosecution, for unauthorized use or disclosure of Personal Information. Some or all of the Personal Information we collect may be stored or processed on servers located outside your jurisdiction of residence, whose data protection laws may differ from the jurisdiction in which you live. As a result, this information may be subject to access requests from governments, courts, or law enforcement agencies in those jurisdictions according to laws in those jurisdictions.
- THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES AND SERVICES
The Digi-Dent Web Sites may contain links to third-party websites or services, including Third-party Services (collectively, “Third-party Sources”) who may collect Personal Information and Non-Personal Information directly from you. Links to Third-party Sources are intended for convenience only. Third-party Sources are wholly independent from Digi-Dent. Third-party Sources may have separate privacy policies and data collection practices, independent of Digi-Dent. Digi-Dent: (a) has no responsibility or liability for these independent policies or actions; (b) is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such websites; and (c) does not make any warranties or representations about the contents, products or services offered on such websites or the security of any information you provide to them.
- HOW TO CONTACT US
7646844 Canada Inc.
Digi-Dent Systems & Solutions
7 Rendale Avenue, St. Catharines,
ON L2M 6E9